A. L. Lott was one of my mysteries when I first stumbled across his name as one of our mayors. A.L. Lott was one of two mayors with no dates for his years in office. One of the three plaques on the King St Bridge, gave me his first name, Aubrey, and a year, 1930. Then the real research could begin.
– Born on April 27, 1889, in Belleville, Ontario, to William and Josephine. Aubrey Lionel was the youngest of 4 children.
– He married Alma Grace Morden on July 10, 1912, in his hometown. It appears they did not have any children.
– In 1921 Aubrey was a married accountant, living with his wife on John St, South Ward Gananoque. They were renting an apartment.
– In 1930 Aubrey was Mayor of Gananoque
-By 1940, Aubrey and Alma were living at 3 Beulah Avenue, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. They were still living there in 1958.
– In 1959, at age of 70, he died in Belleville, Ontario. There was a death notice for him in the Gananoque Reporter.
– Aubrey and Alma are buried in the Bellville Cemetery.
– Alma lived until 1964.